[ITP] gengetopt 2.23

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon Nov 30 19:46:53 GMT 2020

On 11/29/2020 2:19 PM, Rafel Amer Ramon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> [ITP] gengetopt 2.23
>
> Program home page: https://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
>
> License: This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
> it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
> the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
> (at your option) any later version.
>
> Debian package: https://packages.debian.org/buster/gengetopt
>
> I have uploaded the files to https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt
>
> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt.cygport
> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23.tar.xz
>

> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1-src.hint
>
> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1-src.tar.xz
>
> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1.hint
>
> https://github.com/rafelamer/cygwin-gengetopt/raw/main/gengetopt-2.23-1.x86_64/dist/gengetopt/gengetopt-2.23-1.tar.xz

This looks good.  I just have a few minor comments.

- The SUMMARY should generally not start by repeating the package name.  "A tool
to write command line option parsing code for C programs" suffices.

- I suggest adding

   HOMEPAGE="https://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt/"

- The build produces a source patch because of changes to test files:

 >>> Creating source patches
  tests/test_conf_parser_ov2.c |    2 +-
  tests/test_conf_parser_ov3.c |    4 ++--
  tests/test_conf_parser_ov4.c |    2 +-

   You can use DIFF_EXCLUDES to avoid this.

- There are two failing tests that you might want to look into at some point.

- I noticed that your github repo contains all the build files.  Once you become
maintainer, you will be able to push to the official source repo for the package
(see https://cygwin.com/packaging/repos.html).  This should not contain only the
files needed for building the package (i.e., only the cygport file in your
case).  Pushing to that repo triggers an automatic build (see
https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi).

I'll go ahead and add you to https://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint, but I'm not
sure how to parse your name.  Should it be "Rafel Amer" or "Rafel Amer Ramon" or
something else?

Thanks for becoming a maintainer.

Ken