[ITA] wxWidgets3.0

ASSI Stromeko@nexgo.de
Tue Oct 27 13:16:52 GMT 2020

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps writes:
> Unfortunately, the unit tests do not run correctly for me, but it seems
> they were originally disabled by Yakkov, probably for this exact reason.

I believe many of the Gtk packages were either cross-compiled or
compiled on a machine without the GUI available, so I'd not expect the
tests to have been run for these.  Another problem is that GUI tests
more often than not than suffer from ATWIL syndrome and can't be run as
intended without major changes to the testsuite.

> The cmdline one segfaults (both for GTK2 and GTK3), and a number of
> tests fail, but unfortunately I cannot see which exact tests are failing
> because I don't get to the summary before it segfaults. I'm not really
> sure how to debug this, as I don't have much experience in C/C++
> programming, and even less experience with using a debugger. Any good
> tips/links?

Well, the first thing I'd check if it even picks up the libraries you
have just compiled.  If it fiddles with LD_LIBRARY_PATH that's your
first clue that it doesn't.  You might have to prepend the build
directories that have the libraries to PATH or even install the package
before running the tests.

Regards,
Achim.