autotools fails to find /lib/liblz.a

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Fri Oct 30 19:32:00 GMT 2020

Brian Inglis writes:
> Hoping this is a symptom of a well known issue with a well known solution, or I
> can get the build to work without it:
>
>   CCLD     libwget.la
>
> *** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -llz.

That sounds like a bug in configure for whatever you are trying to build
(you didn't say).  First off, it shouldn't even look for a static
library and none of that name exists in Cygwin.  Also, if you need to
figure out what goes wrong you'd better advise make to output the full
command lines and not abbreviate (you will probably need to add V=1 or
something like that to the arguments).

Regards,
Achim.