[ITP] wget2 - modern fast parallel file and recursive website downloader

Fri Oct 30 21:30:57 GMT 2020

On 2020-07-08 14:05, Brian Inglis wrote:
> wget2 is the successor of wget supplying a shared library API like curl to
> build a modern, fast, multi-threaded, parallel downloader using HTTP/2, HTTP
> compression and If-Modified-Since headers; see:
>	https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2
> It is currently available on Arch, Debian/Ubuntu, openSUSE, Slackware; see:
	https://repology.org/project/wget2/versions

Thanks for help getting here and also the upstream folks!

Please review wget2 repackaged into subpackages available under:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VVuC14KuB6uShm4FQL9BuXH0hpLYnIcJ?usp=sharing

This is release 1.99.2 so ISTM this should be considered a PoC or RC for 2.0.

> I can also update and release what may be the last patched version of the
> original wget 1.20.3 (currently 1.19.1) if Eric has no time, or ITA wget
> if he agrees.

Also wget 1.20.3 final release for ITA or non-maintainer upload as Eric seems MIA:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1T6Mn5r-n8r9Gk71mI_mI1IOLPZm81TB2?usp=sharing