eccodes

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sun Apr 11 18:01:00 GMT 2021

brendan detracey via Cygwin-apps writes:
> eccodes builds out of the box, more or less. However, all tests fail
> because the cyg*.dll's weren't copied to ${B}/bin. (They were handled
> properly when built without cygport i.e. copied from src and fortran
> subdirs of the build dir.)

Hard to say without a log why that happens, but you should start with
checking whether the copy is even attempted.

> Finally, is there template for passing the number of processors minus
> 1 to cygport for all compiling and testing? If so, will cygport pass
> it automatically through cygcmake to its makefile generator and to
> cygtest? It would be nice to speed up my compile.

Cygport will by default set MAKEOPTS to "-jN ", with N=1+nproc.  I am
not sure that will automatically be used by cmake.

> eccodes.cygport-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> inherit cmake

Whatever you are using to send your mails is mangling text pretty
badly.

> shopt -s extglob
> # WARNING: source download link has to be hard-coded :(

You can use the variables that are defined, but I guess you meant the
stupid attachment ID from Confluence (no, putting source code into a
Wiki is not a goos idea for many other reasons).

> # The eccodes cmake default install location is usr/local

If you package it officially that needs to change, /usr/local is
off-limits for packages.

> NAME="eccodes"
> VERSION=2.21.0
> RELEASE=1
> CATEGORY="Science"
> SUMMARY="ECMWF tools to decode and encode WMO GRIB and BUFR file
> formats, and decode WMO GTS file format"
> DESCRIPTION="ecCodes is a package developed by ECMWF which provides an API and a set of tools\ for decoding and encoding messages in the following formats\:\ WMO FM-92 GRIB edition 1 and edition 2\ WMO FM-94 BUFR edition 3 and edition 4\  WMO GTS abbreviated header (only decoding)"
> HOMEPAGE="https://confluence.ecmwf.int/display/ECC/ecCodes+Home"SRC_URI="https://confluence.ecmwf.int/download/attachments/45757960/eccodes-2.21.0-Source.tar.gz"
> SRC_DIR="${PN}-${PV}-Source"

${PN}-${PV} == ${P}

> PKG_NAMES="eccodes libeccodes libeccodes-devel"
> eccodes_CONTENTS="  usr/local/bin/!(cyg*dll)  usr/local/share"
> libeccodes_CATEGORY="Libs"
> libeccodes_SUMMARY="${SUMMARY} (runtime)"
> libeccodes_CONTENTS="  usr/local/bin/cyg*dll"
> libeccodes_devel_CATEGORY="Libs"
> libeccodes_devel_SUMMARY="${SUMMARY} (development)"
> libeccodes_devel_CONTENTS="  usr/local/lib/  usr/local/include"
> RESTRICT="diff"
> KEEP_LA_FILES="none"
> # curl is required to download full test data set from ECMWF. Will
> this behave under CI?

You should download that data set via SRC_URI instead so it is already
available when needed, unless it is too large to get packaged,

> BUILD_REQUIRES="curl gfortran libnetcdf-devel libopenjpeg-devel libpng-devel libaec-devel libgomp1"
> CYGCMAKE_GENERATOR="Unix Makefiles"
> CYGCMAKE_ARGS="    -DDISABLE_OS_CHECK=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DIEEE_LE=1    -DENABLE_NETCDF=ON -DENABLE_JPG_LIBOPENJPEG=ON -DENABLE_PNG=ON -DENABLE_AEC=ON -DENABLE_FORTRAN=ON -DENABLE_ECCODES_OMP_THREADS=ON -DENABLE_MEMFS=OFF -DENABLE_EXTRA_TESTS=ON"

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: