[ITCM] bison dash grep gzip m4 readline sed

Tue Aug 10 05:47:24 GMT 2021

Hi folks,

Once again been looking over commonly used outdated packages I use
frequently which need upgraded and picked another few of Eric Blake's I
would like to request to co-maintain and upgrade as they are a few years
old.

Attn: Eric Blake - advice, comments, concurrence or objections to my
co-maintaining the packages for bison dash grep gzip m4 readline sed?

I am as usual dogfooding these, including rerunning the builds and
checks after local installs on both arches, but would appreciate any
advice about whether any or all of these should be test releases (e.g.
readline) before upgrading stable releases (given some recent issues I
caused) or other comments or suggestions.

These builds have all been tested in the git-cygwin-package playground
repo; see:

	https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi?id=3148..3151,3154-3156

commit links show the package and log links show the results.

[I am working up to looking at dealing with bash and/or coreutils: any
suggestions for less significant packages to tackle for more experience
upgrading packages needing Cygwin tweaks would be welcome! ;^>]