scallywag zp_texlive_finish.dash failing exit code 2 rebuilding installed formats

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon Aug 23 21:08:46 GMT 2021

On 8/23/2021 2:46 PM, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2021-08-22 16:58, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> OK, your later messages explain it better.  I'll have to look at
>> texlive-collection-formatsextra; it's possible that it needs to require
>> texlive-collection-fontsrecommended.  But a better solution to your immediate
>> problem would be for someone to look at docbook-utils and see whether it
>> really needs texlive-collection-formatsextra.  It currently requires the
>> obsolete texlive-collection-htmlxml, which pulls in a lot of other packages,
>> probably unnecessarily in most cases.  See
>>
>>    https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/texlive-collection-htmlxml.html
>
> That would require a TeX-y who knows the TeX relationships of the files.
>  From what I can see jadetex and pdfjadtex are used by docbook-utils,

OK, so docbook-utils definitely needs texlive-collection-formatsextra, which is
what I hoped to avoid.  In that case, it's probably not worth checking whether
it needs the other dependencies of texlive-collection-htmlxml.

And jadetex needs texlive-collection-fontsrecommended for marvosym, so I need to
fix the dependencies of texlive-collection-formatsextra.  I'll do that shortly.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

Ken