[Attn. Maintainers] prepare your packages for release of perl-5.32

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Wed Feb 10 17:01:00 GMT 2021

On 06/02/2021 16:13, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Achim Gratz writes:
>> Please prepare your packages for the release of perl-5.32 and report on
>> this list about their status.  The one package that I intend to wait for
>> the release is subversion-perl, everything else either is under my
>> maintenance already or can be updated slightly later without too much
>> disturbance based on the last two updates of Perl.

[...]
> Please note that I can't easily figure out if a package uses an embedded
> Perl interpreter or sets up its own installation paths for Perl modules.
> These packages have previously been determined to fall under that
> category (some may have dropped that dependency in the meantime, but the
> maintainer would hopefully know):
>
> gdal
> git
> git-svn
> grepmail

I'm not quite sure why grepmail is on this list since it seems to just
contain a perl script

I think hexchat should also be on this list, as it provides a perl
scripting plugin.

> irssi
> postgresql
> rxvt

I think this should be 'rxvt-unicode'.  I'll take care of updating that,
as I did for the last perl update.

> texinfo
> weechat
> znc

Not quite sure that git* and texinfo should be on this list. They seem
to contain perl scripts and perl modules which are installed elsewhere
than vendor_perl.