Multiple version of Lua with alternatives

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sat Feb 20 07:40:33 GMT 2021

Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps writes:
> * A new source luarocks provides lua53- and lua54-luarocks.
>   They install rocks into an alternative tree /var/lib/lua-site/.

That looks wrong to me, I'd have expected

/usr/share/lua/luarocks

or maybe /usr/local as a prefix depending on how much emphasis you want
to put on the user-installable part.  The /var/lib tree is for local
state information per FHS, not installed components.

Regards,
Achim.