[ITP] gengetopt 2.23

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Feb 25 18:39:25 GMT 2021

On 2/25/2021 1:18 PM, Rafel Amer Ramon wrote:
> El 1/12/20 a les 18:23, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps ha escrit:
>> On 12/1/2020 11:04 AM, Rafel Amer Ramon wrote:
>>> El 30/11/20 a les 21:28, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps ha escrit:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have added the lines
>>>
>>> HOMEPAGE="https://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt/"
>>> DIFF_EXCLUDES="test_conf_parser_ov2.c test_conf_parser_ov3.c
>>> test_conf_parser_ov4.c"
>>>
>>> to gengetopt.cygport and changed the line
>>>
>>> SUMMARY="A tool to write command line options parser code for C programs"
>>>
>>> but I can't find the failed tests. Maybe they are
>>> cheking for valgring: no
>>> checking for help2man: no
>>
>> I'm talking about the tests that are run if you type "cygport
>> gengetopt.cygport test" (equivalent to running "make check" in an ordinary
>> build that doesn't use cygport).  Finding the cause of the test failures is
>> not critical, but you should probably try at some point, not necessarily
>> before uploading.
>>
>>> I have installed help2man, but I don't know how to install valgrind.
>>>
>>> My name can be in both forms, but I prefer Rafel Amer
>>
>> OK, I've added you as maintainer.  The next step is to send your SSH key
>> following the instructions at
>>
>> https://cygwin.com/packaging/key.html#sshkey
>>
>> Once you receive an acknowledgement, you can upload the package.
>>
>> Ken
>
> Hi,
>
> when I try to upload the package with the command
>
> $ git push cygwin@cygwin.com:/git/cygwin-packages/gengetopt.git

This doesn't upload the package, it just pushes your source repository for the
package to a central place.  The instructions say to use

   git push cygwin@cygwin.com:/git/cygwin-packages/packagename

with no ".git".  I don't know if that's the issue.  Or maybe the problem is that
you haven't uploaded the package yet.  If removing ".git" and/or retrying after
you upload the package don't fix the problem, we'll need Jon Turney's help.

> I get the followin error
>
> cygwin@cygwin.com: Permission denied (publickey).
>
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.
>
> Maybe I don't upload the package correctly.

Instructions for uploading a package are here:

   https://cygwin.com/package-upload.html

Ken