attention alternatives maintainer

Doug Henderson djndnbvg@gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 19:19:15 GMT 2021

On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 at 19:56, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps
<cygwin-apps@cygwin.com> wrote:

> On 7/15/2021 7:07 PM, Doug Henderson via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> > Please update alternatives to work properly for a first time install
> > of an alternative when CYGWIN=winsymlinks:nativestrict.
>
> Cygwin doesn't have an alternatives maintainer.  Would you like to volunteer?
> If so, start at
>
>    https://cygwin.com/packages.html
>
> and follow up on the cygwin-apps mailing list if you need help.

I will volunteer to be the alternatives maintainer. I may need some
help, though.

The package has not been released for over 10 years, for cygwin 1.7, I
think. The download location is worse than 404, it is "We can’t
connect to the server at www.fastcoder".

I found what appears to be a Fedora repository on GitHub that is in
active development.

https://github.com/fedora-sysv/chkconfig

I'm getting ready to have a first look at the code. I think the
packaging will be more of a problem than the code revisions.

Doug

--
Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - from gmail.com