[ITP] Qemu

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Tue Jul 20 13:11:53 GMT 2021

On 30/06/2021 14:35, Helge Konetzka wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I would like to package Qemu for Cygwin.
> See https://www.qemu.org/

Thanks for looking into this, and sorry for the delay in responding.
> Qemu is included in Debian.
> See https://packages.debian.org/source/buster/qemu
>
> Qemu is released under the GNU General Public License, version 2. Parts
> of Qemu have specific licenses, see file LICENSE.
> See https://qemu-project.gitlab.io/qemu/system/license.html
>

> I've prepared cygports for the packages as a POC. See
> https://gitlab.com/hejko-cygwin/cygports
>
> Qemu binaries and resources were packaged in mingw64-x86_64-qemu and
> mingw64-i686-qemu. To make Qemu accessible in a transparent way, I've
> created qemu-integration. It mainly consists of a wrapper and a setup
> script.
> See
> https://gitlab.com/hejko-cygwin/qemu-integration

I assume that it's not straightforward to build cygwin executables of
QEMU, but mentioning some of this issues would help.

Given that: do we really need to build our own MinGW QEMU packages? Can
the integration script just rely on the official Windows packages being
installed?