[ITP] aide 0.17.3

Jason Pyeron jpyeron@pdinc.us
Fri Jul 30 14:34:23 GMT 2021

AIDE - Advanced Intrusion Detection Environment

https://github.com/aide/aide/

It is a GPL v2 tool for monitoring file system changes.

There was no (mature?) Windows open source solution until AIDE was built and tested for Cygwin. This fills a long standing gap in needs.

Closed source alternative - Trip Wire.

It is packaged and shipped with most Linux distributions - I am most familiar with the RHEL packaging.

I have built and tested the most recent stable and development versions.

I will track the development versions for test package releases.

Category Security.

Thoughts?

--
Jason Pyeron  | Architect