[RFC] cygport mingw.cygclass

Sun Jun 20 18:50:28 GMT 2021

On 2021-06-20 09:54, Brian Inglis wrote:
> [...]
>> master and then put my patches on top, so I don't expect to immediately
>> start testing.
>>
>>> Also needed is feedback on the naming schemes currently used:
>>>
>>> * mingw32_* functions and MINGW32_ definitions/variables for i686
>>> * mingw64_* functions and MINGW64_ definitions/variables for x86_64
>>
>> I'm not particularly enamored with mingw32 as that's not what it is
>> (both are using MingW-W64), on the other hand I have no better idea
>> either.
>>
>>> * mingwarm32_* functions and MINGWARM32_ definitions/variables for
>>> armv7
>>> * mingwarm64_* functions and MINGWARM64_ definitions/variables for
>>> aarch64
>>>
>>> * mingw-* for source package names
>>> * mingw64-i686-* for i686 binary packages
>>> * mingw64-x86_64-* for x86_64 binary packages
>>> * mingw64-armv7-* for armv7 binary packages
>>> * mingw64-aarch64-* for aarch64 binary packages
>>>
>>> The function/definition naming scheme is designed around Fedora (which
>>> does not have ARM, so I made those up myself) but the binary package
>>> scheme match our current usage.  I realize the source package names are
>>> those from the old i686-only mingw.org packages; whether we want to
>>> rename the binary packages to mingw32-/mingw64-, or rename the source
>>> packages to mingw64-, or do something else entirely, I'm open to
>>> suggestions.
>>
>> I'd tend to leave the names alone unless/until we come up with a way
>> to target
>> multiple cross-architectures from the same package source.
>
> I'm now implementing this for the libraries I maintain, having used
> gvimdiff to edit the Cygwin PKG and mingw64-ARCH-PKG cygport files
> consistently (and maintain consistency across packages), now adding
> mingw-PKG.cygport, and see a few issues, of varying impact:
>
> * file name - mingw-PKG.cygport - so it can be in the same repo as PKG
> * NAME = PKG - SRC_DIR does not appear to be handled differently so this
> works for default SRC_DIR=$P; mingw internally strips mingw- prefix for
> some uses but not this?
> * SUMMARY - used to suffix " (Win<BITS> development)" - now should we
> just use Win, or change to Mingw, or exported symbol?
> * DESCRIPTION - used to append:
> "Package provides Mingw MS VC RT-linked binaries, NOT Cygwin binaries,
> for use with the mingw64-<XARCH>-gcc cross compiler, installed in
> /usr/<XARCH>-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/{bin,lib,include}/."
> now:
> "Package provides Mingw MS VC RT-linked binaries, NOT Cygwin binaries,
> for use with the mingw64-{x86_64,i686}-gcc cross compiler, installed in
> /usr/{x86_64,i686}-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/{bin,lib,include}/."
> or ?
> * BUILD_REQUIRES - need to handle ARCH variant dependencies - used to
> use <XARCH> - now use pattern \$[X]ARCH or MINGW32/64_BUILD_REQUIRES or ?
>
> Suggested/desired/best practices before I do too many more?

Upload does not seem to DTRT:

$ cygport mingw-curl.cygport upload
 >>> Uploading curl-7.77.0-1.noarch
 >>> Running lftp sftp://cygwin:@cygwin.com
cd ok, cwd=/noarch/release
Transferring file `curl-7.77.0-1-src.hint'
Transferring file `curl-7.77.0-1-src.tar.xz'
Transferring file `curl-7.77.0-1.hint'
Transferring file `curl-7.77.0-1.tar.xz'
Making directory `curl-debuginfo'
Transferring file `curl-debuginfo/curl-debuginfo-7.77.0-1.hint'
Transferring file `curl-debuginfo/curl-debuginfo-7.77.0-1.tar.xz'
Total: 1 directory, 6 files, 0 symlinks
New: 6 files, 0 symlinks
8019667 bytes transferred in 34 seconds (227.7 KiB/s)
Upload complete.