[ITP] Qemu

Helge Konetzka hk@zapateado.de
Wed Jun 30 13:35:20 GMT 2021

Hello,

I would like to package Qemu for Cygwin.
See https://www.qemu.org/

Qemu is included in Debian.
See https://packages.debian.org/source/buster/qemu

Qemu is released under the GNU General Public License, version 2. Parts
of Qemu have specific licenses, see file LICENSE.
See https://qemu-project.gitlab.io/qemu/system/license.html

I've prepared cygports for the packages as a POC. See
https://gitlab.com/hejko-cygwin/cygports

Qemu binaries and resources were packaged in mingw64-x86_64-qemu and
mingw64-i686-qemu. To make Qemu accessible in a transparent way, I've
created qemu-integration. It mainly consists of a wrapper and a setup
script.
See
https://gitlab.com/hejko-cygwin/qemu-integration

For download of POC packages see
https://www.zapateado.de/cygwin/

Any interest for Qemu packages in Cygwin?
If so, I would split Qemu into several packages and add all licenses
included in Qemu source before final upload.

Regards.