duplicate between packages (libuninameslist)

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sun May 2 05:49:41 GMT 2021

Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps writes:
> When I updated libuninameslist packages, I've moved the files from
> libuninameslist[01] into libuninameslist-devel.
>
> So, duplication will last until libuninamelist0 is removed.

That is one of the things setup can't handle very well, but you can use
cygcheck to see if the duplicate got removed during installation.  In
this particular case I'd think there is not much of a problem.

> To reduce the duplication, I should make libuninameslist0-20091231-2
> in some way (e.g. removing duplicated files, or renaming them).

The problem is not that there is duplication among different versions of
the poackage (which is unavoidable when you move files between
packages), but that the order of removal and installation is not
deterministic.

> I wonder what is a good way...

You might think that re-releasing would fix things, but then you'd need
to ensure that eveybody had updated to before the re-release already.
That generally doesn't work.  We could eventually use package
transactions (libsolv supports that) to really ensure things work
correctly, but we're missing lots of bits to make that happen.

So I have this at the moment for instance:

Missing file: /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/ncdump.exe.dbg from package netcdf-debuginfo
Missing file: /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/ncgen.exe.dbg from package netcdf-debuginfo
netcdf-debuginfo                           4.8.0-2                         Incomplete

which is the problem that originally prompted Marco to look for
duplicates I guess.  But I'm updating my instzallation quite often, so
it's unlikely I miss an intermediate version.

Regards,
Achim.