OpenSSL package updates

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sat Nov 6 19:59:56 GMT 2021

Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin-apps writes:
> That started with OpenSSL 0.9.5 I think, I'm not sure anymore.  You
> should be able to do this in a single step, as long as you craft the
> dependencies so that an update of the openssl package pulls in the
> openssl10 package with the old lib.  As soon as all dependent distro
> packages are updated, you can just drop the dependency and then the old
> package entirely.

I was hoping there was a precedent we could use for this.

The idea would be that the old openssl dependencies are all converted to
point to mingw64-*-openssl10 instead and the old packages either renamed
or removed before the (final?) update to mingw64-*-openssl-1.0.2u+za.
Then drop in mingw64-*-openssl-1.1.1l openssl, which most packages that
are still actively maintained would probably need anyway during one of
their next updates.

The packages that are affected:

mingw64-*-botan
mingw64-*-curl