[ITA] openssl, openssl10, mingw64-{i686,x86_64}-openssl

gs-cygwin.com@gluelogic.com gs-cygwin.com@gluelogic.com
Sun Nov 28 10:09:43 GMT 2021

On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 10:07:55AM +0100, Achim Gratz wrote:

> [...]
> For the MinGW64 packages the current plan (based on the previous
> discussion) is to update them with the 1.0.2 version and provide the
> 1.1.1 version (without renaming the packages or introducing any new
> package names) as a test version only.  This means that the existing
> packages depending on mingw64-{i686,x86_64}-openssl will still work
> correctly, but can be rebuilt using the 1.1.1 version by chosing the
> test version (whatever the likelyhood of that actually happening is).

FWIW, I have been using the cygwin-provided MinGW64 environment for
porting lighttpd to native Windows.  It is the only working environment
I found where I did not have to bootstrap everything from scratch.

If one does not want to build everything statically and does not want
to build one's own distro-like package management on top of Windows,
one finds themselves SoL on Windows if one thinks Microsoft cares.
Developing on Microsoft platforms is an awful experience for anything
beyond a trivial app.

Achim, thank you for your efforts on MinGW64 packages.

Cheers, Glenn