CI scallywag setup/cygport/autoconf missing autoconf-archive pkg

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sat Oct 2 04:15:10 GMT 2021

Brian Inglis writes:
> As autoconf requires: autoconf2.1 autoconf2.5 bash sed, I believe that
> would be the more appropriate place for an autoconf-archive
> requirement, otherwise cygport would have to require it, which is not
> so obvious.

No.  If a build needs autoconf-archive then require it there.  The whole
point of having things in separate packages is that you do not have to
install things you don't need.  Neither autottols nor cygport require
this package in any way.

Off-tangent: cygport has entirely too many dependencies already which we
can't help with our current package system.  I'd love to have a way for
these dependencies not to creep into each build.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: