[ITP] mpfi-1.5.3: multiple precision floating-point interval library

Achim Gratz Stromeko@Nexgo.DE
Sat Sep 4 09:10:52 GMT 2021

Am 31.08.2021 um 13:24 schrieb Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps:
> By the way, I wonder if the maintainer of mpfr and gmp. to which mpfi is
> closely linked, would take a maintainership of mpfi, also.

What is this library needed for?  I don't think using interval code is
used much these days already and needs for multiprecision interval
computations are even more rare.  The only two packages I know of that
(optionally, I think) use this library are not available on Cygwin anyway.

> What would you think of it, Achim?
I haven't looked at the sources, but if it really needs that cpdirs you
have in your cygport file then I'd rather not deal with it until they
fix their stuff to build cleanly out-of-tree.  Although the YACP mpfi
package definition seems to indicate that this is maybe not necessary.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)