[ITCM] patchutils

Wed Sep 8 18:59:07 GMT 2021

On 2021-08-11 14:21, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 10.08.2021 07:47, Brian Inglis wrote:
>> Once again been looking over commonly used outdated packages I use
>> frequently which need upgraded and picked another few of Eric Blake's
>> I would like to request to co-maintain and upgrade as they are a few
>> years old.

>> Attn: Eric Blake - advice, comments, concurrence or objections to my
>> co-maintaining the packages for bison dash grep gzip m4 readline sed?

> added Eric in CC

>> I am as usual dogfooding these, including rerunning the builds and
>> checks after local installs on both arches, but would appreciate any
>> advice about whether any or all of these should be test releases (e.g.
>> readline) before upgrading stable releases (given some recent issues I
>> caused) or other comments or suggestions.
>>
>> These builds have all been tested in the git-cygwin-package playground
>> repo; see:
>>
>>      https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi?id=3148..3151,3154-3156
>>
>> commit links show the package and log links show the results.

> I assume the previous answer from Eric is also valid here
> so I added Brian as co-maintainer

I would like to offer to co-maintain patchutils with Eric, as
maintenance restarted and a new release was available last year.

The builds were tested in the git-cygwin-package playground repo; see:

	https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi?id=3265

commit links show the package and log links show the results.