[ITA] postfix

Thu Sep 23 16:41:34 GMT 2021

On 2021-09-23 07:04, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 23/09/2021 12:53, Jason Pyeron wrote:

>>> Your push should do a lazy create of the git repo, and start the

>> fatal: repository 'http://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/postfix.git/'
>> not found

Nearly, but you need write auth via ssh creds:

	$ eval `ssh-agent`
	$ ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_...		# without .pub
	$ git checkout -b playground	# start in playground
	$ git add postfix.cygport postfix...patch # files referenced
	$ git commit -m ...		# check in
	$ git push ssh://cygwin@cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/postfix

> Pushes here are only permitted using ssh authorization.
> See [1] for an example of the URL and push command.
> [1] https://cygwin.com/packaging/repos.html

I never could get that URL style to work with git push - I use the above.