[ITP] man-pages-linux

Mon Sep 27 23:04:12 GMT 2021

I would like to provide Cygwin packages for the Linux kernel man pages
project, for those who are concerned about interoperability and
portability, from Michael Kerrisk (http://man7.org/), who also releases
man-pages-posix, and recently released Linux man-pages 5.13.

I do it for my own use anyway, to have the latest docs, just to save
flipping to Linux from Cygwin or Windows.

The install location is under the standard /usr/share/man/linux/ which
can only by default be used by specifying

	$ man -m|--systems linux ...

but can also be added explicitly to a users' MANPATH or alias e.g.

	$ alias man='man -m man,linux'

or swap the order to prioritize Linux, or for parallel installs add each
in your preferred order.

I have Linux 5.05-5.13 packages available on Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1r3vhlN4fsCAGAtxpVD9PJPVpahCmnIPE

More information is available at the project home page:

	https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/

release blog:

	https://linux-man-pages.blogspot.com/

mailing list: