[ITA] duplicity

Libor Ukropec ace@seznam.cz
Tue Apr 12 19:24:33 GMT 2022

Dne 12.04.2022 v 15:10 Jon Turney napsal(a):
> On 12/04/2022 01:09, Libor Ukropec wrote:
>>  > Run cygport ... all with --debug flag which enables shell tracing
>>
>> I'll answer it myself. If the cygport is given the filename *without*
>> ".cygport" extension, it executes, but wrongly detects the PVR -
>> NAME/VERSION/RELEASE. When I provided full name, it works as I'd
>> expected. I think this deserves improvement.
>
> Yeah, there's some wonkiness in handling that, I'm not sure why.
>
>>> 1. regarding python-fasteners:
>>>
>>> Dne 08.04.2022 v 1:44 Brian Inglis napsal(a):
>>>  > Run cygport ... all with --debug flag which enables shell tracing
>>>  > throughout and redirect all output &> debug.log for review.
>>>
>>> Output for command `cygport --debug python-fasteners download all
>>> check &> debug.log`
>>>
>>> is here, if you can deduct from it something useful:
>>>
>>> https://gist.github.com/cz6ace/929812203a42bd2d69506cad19385eed#file-debug-log
>>>

>>> (it is quite long, I do not want to paste it directly into the email)
>>>
>>> Also it is unknown to me, how the new repository can be added into
>>> the https://cygwin.com/git/?a=project_list;pf=git/cygwin-packages so
>>> I can execute the tests in the playground too.
>
> I think this already exists?

It is my fault that I combined two packages into one thread. I want two
things - adopt duplicity for which the repository already exists (only
the BUILD_REQUIRES had to be added + version increase) but for the more
recent duplicity version a new package is required: python-fasteners -
not yet in the cygwin and here I struggled and didn't know how to add a
new repository.

For the python-fasteners I'll kick off new "[ITP] python-fasteners
0.16.3" thread.

> https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/?p=git/cygwin-packages/duplicity.git
>
> Please keep this up-to-date with your changes.
>
> I've added you as the maintainer for duplicity, so you should now be
> able to upload packages and push there.

Thank you, will have to wait for python-fasteners approval.