[ITP] unison

Andrew Schulman schulman.andrew@epa.gov
Thu Apr 14 20:53:23 GMT 2022

I want to maintain a new Unison package, this time called - ready? -
unison.

Starting with the current release, version 2.52, the Unison project has
solved the version incompability problems that caused us to have to
maintain multiple packages, like unison2.49, unison2.51+4.04.2, and so on.
Versions 2.52 and later will all come in just one package, unison.

Many Unison users will be able to upgrade to the new unison, and uninstall
the old ones. But I'm not obsoleting the old ones, because the new release
is only compatible with old versions going back to 2.48, and many
long-lived distros still have Unison versions older than that. So users who
sync with those hosts will still need to keep the old packages installed
for some time.

Andrew