How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko)

Libor Ukropec ace@seznam.cz
Thu Dec 1 20:18:40 GMT 2022

Dne 01.12.2022 v 20:41 Jon Turney napsal(a):

>>> As a general comment, I'd like to point out that "almost 2 weeks" is even less than
>>> someone's holiday time may be...
>>
>> See above in the thread - author did not react here on cygwin for months. What I did,
>> I've found the author on GitHub and contacted him there as well.
>>
>>  >>Jon Turney: It's undefined how many times we should ping, or how long we should wait
>> for a response, but I think that the ~10 months that's elapsed here is more than enough!
>
> Yeah, 10 months is not 2 weeks.
>
> Libor, I've given you maintainer-ship of python-paramiko.

Jon,

I did not ask for it officially yet (quite busy and had issues with duplicity that depends
on the paramiko itself, so I intentionally waited if something happens).

 > If that's not what the desired outcome here, please let me know.

I wanted that.

> Sorry for taking so long over this.
>
> I guess somebody should ping Michael Wild to ask about the rest of his packages.
I already did that 29 days ago, no response yet
https://github.com/wildmichael/cygwin/issues/1

The paramiko depends on python-bcrypt and python-nacl so I'd like to ask for their
ownership too, otherwise the ownership for paramiko does not make sense.

If Michael Wild by any chance responds and still would like to maintain those packages,
I'll be happy to return them :)

Thx!