How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko)

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Mon Dec 5 20:54:02 GMT 2022

On 01/12/2022 20:18, Libor Ukropec wrote:
> Dne 01.12.2022 v 20:41 Jon Turney napsal(a):
>> On 17/11/2022 10:24, Libor Ukropec wrote:
>  >
>  > If that's not what the desired outcome here, please let me know.
>
> I wanted that.
>

>> Sorry for taking so long over this.
>>
>> I guess somebody should ping Michael Wild to ask about the rest of his
>> packages.
> I already did that 29 days ago, no response yet
> https://github.com/wildmichael/cygwin/issues/1
>
> The paramiko depends on python-bcrypt and python-nacl so I'd like to ask
> for their ownership too, otherwise the ownership for paramiko does not
> make sense.

I've given you maintainer-ship of these as well (Marco is a
co-maintainer of python-bcrypt).

I've run my ctm2git tool [1] to generate the packaging git repos for
python-paramiko and python-nacl with history, which I try to remember to
do for package adoptions, when it doesn't already exist. Let me know if
you'd like those removed.

(I didn't run if for bcrypt in case Marco doesn't want that)

[1] https://github.com/jon-turney/ctm2git (but it's totally janky, so
you're better off just asking me to run it :))