How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko)

Libor Ukropec ace@seznam.cz
Mon Dec 5 23:07:39 GMT 2022

Dne 02.12.2022 v 9:20 Marco Atzeri napsal(a):
> On 01.12.2022 21:18, Libor Ukropec wrote:

>>> Yeah, 10 months is not 2 weeks.
>>>
>>> Libor, I've given you maintainer-ship of python-paramiko.
>>
>> Jon,
>>
>> I did not ask for it officially yet (quite busy and had issues with duplicity that
>> depends on the paramiko itself, so I intentionally waited if something happens).
>>
>>  >
>>  > If that's not what the desired outcome here, please let me know.
>>
>> I wanted that.
>>

>>> Sorry for taking so long over this.
>>>
>>> I guess somebody should ping Michael Wild to ask about the rest of his packages.
>> I already did that 29 days ago, no response yet
>> https://github.com/wildmichael/cygwin/issues/1
>>
>> The paramiko depends on python-bcrypt and python-nacl so I'd like to ask for their
>> ownership too, otherwise the ownership for paramiko does not make sense.
>>
>> If Michael Wild by any chance responds and still would like to maintain those packages,
>> I'll be happy to return them :)
>>

> you can ITA  python-nacl
>
> there is little to do for python-bcrypt as newer versions require rust and we have no
> compiler for it.

Yes, I learned that 3.2.0 is the last we can support in Cygwin.
I didn't notice that bcrypt is also for Python 3.9 (becuase nacl wasn't and all was in
paramiko repository). In this case, I'm unblocked.

Regards,
Libor