[ATTN MAINTAINER] tig

Adam Dinwoodie adam@dinwoodie.org
Mon Dec 12 16:32:41 GMT 2022

On Sun, Dec 11, 2022 at 11:15:35PM +0100, Libor Ukropec via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> Hello Jari,
>
> cygwin contains "tig" in version 2.4.1 (2019-07-30) and there's already
> 2.5.4 (2021) with many bug fixes and improvements available.
> Can I kindly ask whether it is possible to update the package?
> I do not see a git repository for the tig package, so I attached the cygport
> file if it can save you some effort (in compare to the following scallywag,
> I've added the LICENSE info the script)
>
> Scallywag report is here: https://github.com/cygwin/scallywag/actions/runs/3670966767

I believe Jari's repo for the tig Cygwin packaging is on GitHub[0], and
it looks like it's using the old pre-Cygport packaging mechanism.  I've
not looked through that repo myself (yet, at least) but it looks like
there are some patches that imply a naïve build might not work
perfectly.  Or those packages might be entirely obsolete...

[0]: https://github.com/jaalto/cygwin-package--tig

FWIW, I'd be happy to at least attempt to add this package to my small
Cygwin Git packaging empire, and take responsibility for keeping it up
to date going forwards.  But that's only if Jari wants to relinquish
that hat, and even then I think Libor clearly gets first refusal given
they've written the new Cygport file.