Go or Rust Packages?

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 06:57:43 GMT 2022

On 04.02.2022 06:27, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2022-02-02 02:44, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Feb  1 21:22, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
>>> The upstream fzf package moved from Ruby to Go some time ago.  I had
>>> vague but noble intetions to try to maintain a fork on the basis of the
>>> last version of the Ruby code, but never managed anything useful.  In
>>> that context, I expect it's time that I officially throw in the towel,
>>> and mark fzf as orphaned.
>>>
>>> The existing build still works, and I don't think there's likely to be
>>> any crass security problems or anything like that.  But there's no
>>> longer any upstream support, and I clearly don't have the capacity to
>>> properly maintain it solo.
>>>
>>> I'm not quite sure what the process is here, but I suspect it's just a
>>> case of someone with the appropriate access making an update to
>>> https://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint
>
> Anyone know of anyone trying to build Go or Rust on Cygwin?

I looked some time ago on Go.

As it is written in go, you need to go back to the oldest version
written in C and from them forward to the current version.

But looking inside the code/build system I saw a lot of hack and
conditional.
Nothing that looks like a test for functionality, just a lot of
assumption on the system.

It will require a lot of time IMHO, but I am not an expert in compilers

Regards
MArco