[ITP] biosig [was: Re: newcomer issues when packaging biosig, stimfit, etc.]

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 10:09:41 GMT 2022

On 12.01.2022 23:59, Alois Schlögl wrote:

> Am 1/12/22 um 06:47 schrieb Marco Atzeri:
>>> In the meantime, please find below the status for the libb64 and
>>> biosig packages.
>>
>>> Thanks that was helpful. Attached is an updated version for biosig
>>> and libb64.
>>>
>>> cygport libb64.cygport all
>>> cygport biosig.cygport all
>>>
>>> runs now w/o error. How can I test whether result can be installed
>>> and used ?
>>
>> One major problem.
>> Never build in the source directory, the final src.patch
>> must fit with you desired patch.
>> So only what you patched should come out.
>>
>> For this package that does not respect the build in a
>> different directory than source, you shoud start
>> with something like:
>>
>> src_compile() {
>>         cd ${S}
>>         lndirs
>>         cd ${B}
>>         cygautoreconf
>>         cygconf
>>         cygmake
>> }
>

> I've adapted biosig.cygport accordingly and addressed this in the
> attached version. It runs fine when doing
>
>     cygport biosig.cygport all
>
> runs w/o error. Also testing the package with
>
> tar -C / -xvf
> biosig-2.3.3-1.x86_64/dist/biosig/biosig-tools/biosig-tools-2.3.3-1.tar.xz
> tar -C / -xvf
> biosig-2.3.3-1.x86_64/dist/biosig/libbiosig/libbiosig-2.3.3-1.tar.xz
> tar -C / -xvf
> biosig-2.3.3-1.x86_64/dist/biosig/libbiosig-devel/libbiosig-devel-2.3.3-1.tar.xz
>

> and running
>     save2gdf -h
> works fine.
>
> Moreover, I understand now why my libb64.cygport file is not ready.
> ecause libb64 is not necessary for libbiosig's support of Stimfit, I'll
> omit libb64 for now.
> Would you please check whether Biosig is ready to be included in cygwin ?
>

> Cheers,
>     Alois

Hi Alois.

it is almost fine

the only problem I see is that the shared library are build as

   libbiosig.dll while they should be called cygbiosig.dll
   (probably better cygbiosig-3.dll to handle the SOMANE)

please also run the test in the ${B} directory

I was playing with the CMakeList.txt to see if that was more easy
than your deep patch of the upstream Makefile's

src_compile() {
     cd ${B}
     CYGCMAKE_SOURCE="${S}/biosig4c++"
     cygcmake
     cygmake

I see however that also the CMakeLists.txt need some patching as
it builds only the shared lib withouh the SONAME and it is not updated
to include all the needed file in the t40x directory
and does not build the utility.

Sorry for slow response, but I have little time in this moment

Regards
Marco