Github CI Scallywag Download Failure 403 Forbidden

Sat Jul 2 17:26:37 GMT 2022

On 2022-07-02 07:01, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 01/07/2022 01:32, Brian Inglis wrote:
>> On 2022-06-26 22:46, Brian Inglis wrote:
>>> Scallywag failing on a plain HTTP non-httpS download.
>>> Ran twice same symptom - 403 Forbidden.

>>> Use to work just fine with previous releases.
>>> Works just fine on my local system multiple ways and times.
>>>
>>> Has anyone seen anything indicating there could be problems with
>>> Github access to upstream or any use it makes of a proxy?
>>>
>>> I will raise the issue with the upstream to see if they are aware of
>>> any issues of that type.
>>
>> Still failing after site owner updated cert.
> This is not certificate issue.
>
> 403 means that the URL was valid, but the server refuses to give it to
> us by policy (often that means that the IP or user-agent is banned).

Thanks Jon,

Latest attempt successfully downloaded for src package build but failed
for binary package builds!
Could the problem be too many downloads of the same file from the same
IP close together?

Any chance that each CI job could share the cached downloads across that
job's builds like cygport?

Upstream has not yet got back again, so I will add this info.