[ITA] ocaml 4.14.0

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Tue Jul 5 19:44:36 GMT 2022

On 05/07/2022 01:42, William Hu via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> Oops, sorry about that. The patch and updated cygport are now attached.
> Sending SSH key shortly.

Thanks.

Firstly, I notice that you dropped 4.10.0-libcamlrun_shared.patch.  Can
you explain the reasoning behind that?

(After a bit of digging, I found this mail
https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2010-October/191524.html which
explains the rationale behind it)

Next, when I try to build this:

on x86:

>  checking whether fma works... no
> configure: error: fma does not work, enable emulation with --enable-imprecise-c99-float-ops

I guess perhaps that configure option needs to be conditionally used on x86?

> usr/bin/ocamlrun.exe
> usr/bin/ocamlrund.exe
> usr/bin/ocamlruni.exe
> tar: usr/lib/ocaml/camlheader[di].exe: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
[...]
> tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
> *** ERROR: Binary package creation failed: ocaml-runtime

camlheader[di] are made without the .exe extensions (you've changed the
cygport to add the exe, so maybe this was wrong before as they are
executables)

I'm not sure if that's a missing bit of patching or something different
in your environment?

> $ cygport ocaml.cygport test
> Makefile:162: *** ocamltest not found in ../ocamltest.  Stop.
> make: *** [Makefile:156: all] Error 2
> *** ERROR: make failed

Seems like this requires the --enable-ocamltest configure option?