[ITP] mle

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Tue Jun 7 18:18:42 GMT 2022

On 06/06/2022 15:33, as-GOAhiB59KME@public.gmane.org wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'd like to submit a cygport for mle[0], a text editor. It's available
> on various distros/OSs[1] including Debian, Fedora, FreeBSD, and
> others. It's licensed under ASL 2.0.

Thanks.

> A first attempt at a cygport is here[2]. The editor depends on a
> header-only library called uthash which I also attempted to package
> here[3]. The other deps, libpcre2-devel and liblua-devel, are already
> packaged. Is there a way to express a version constraint on the Lua
> dep? It needs 5.4.

Unfortunately, there is not currently.

A few comments on the cygport files below.

> [0] https://github.com/adsr/mle
> [1] https://repology.org/project/mle/versions
> [2] https://gist.github.com/adsr/4ecb4113f2d9c0e4ee389a800c0fd15b

> NAME="mle"
> VERSION=1.5.0
> HASH="bc05ec0eee4143d824010c6688fce526550ed508"
> RELEASE=1
> CATEGORY="Editors"
> SUMMARY="Flexible terminal-based text editor"
> DESCRIPTION="mle is a small, flexible, terminal-based text editor written in C.
> Notable features include: full Unicode support, syntax highlighting, scriptable
> rc file, macros, search and replace (PCRE), window splitting, multiple cursors,
> and integration with various shell commands."
> HOMEPAGE="https://github.com/adsr/mle"
> SRC_URI="https://github.com/adsr/mle/archive/${HASH}.tar.gz"

Is there some reason why this can't be
"https://github.com/adsr/mle/archive/refs/tags/v1.5.0.tar.gz" ?

> SRC_DIR="mle-${HASH}"
> BUILD_REQUIRES="libpcre2-devel uthash-devel liblua-devel"
> USE_DESTDIR=1

I don't think setting USE_DESTDIR=1 is needed as this is the default.

> src_compile() {
> 	cygmake -j1

If this is because the build system can't handle a parallel make, a
comment to that effect here would be good.

> }
>
> src_install() {
> 	cd ${S}
> 	cyginstall prefix=/usr
> }
>
> mle_CONTENTS="usr/bin/mle.exe usr/share/doc usr/lib/debug usr/src/debug"

This shouldn't list usr/{lib,src}/debug (as those belong in a debuginfo
package), and I don't think you need this line at all, as the default
will do the right thing?

> [3] https://gist.github.com/adsr/e5e6beb373a427dca9e3093cc31b4cea

> NAME="uthash-devel"

Don't do this, because this becomes the name of the source package as well.

Use NAME="uthash" and then PKG_NAMES="uthash-devel"