[patch] cygport : update to python 3.9

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty cygwin@hamishmb.com
Wed Jun 29 15:36:49 GMT 2022

On 31/12/2021 10:00, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Attached patch moves "default" from 3.6 to 3.9
>
> Additional changes:
>   Remove 3.5 from all
>   Change future to 3.10
>

> Other point:
>
> As 3.5 was never reall deployed, I think we can remove it from the
> distibution.
>
> As we have a lot of python3-* is obsoleded py python36-*
> what is the best way to updated to python39-* when available ?
>
> Regards
> Marco

Just noticed this. I'll update my packages to rebuild against Python 3.10.

I'm also going to try to get wxWidgets 3.1 (and thus newer wxPython)
working again soon, but I might need some help debugging the test suite
if it still misbehaves.

I guess that means I'm now building wxWidgets and wxPython for 4
different versions of Python on 64-bit and 32-bit. I'll be glad when
32-bit builds go away, it takes so long to do these builds, even on a
Ryzen 3600.

Hamish