scallywag cygport fails to detect perl script runtime dependencies

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sat Mar 12 12:56:47 GMT 2022

On 11/03/2022 17:50, Brian Inglis wrote:
> Does cygport require perl modules to be installed as build dependencies
> in order to enable their detection as runtime dependencies for perl
> scripts in packages?

Yes.

See __list_deps in pkg_info.cygpart

I don't know how we could traverse from module to package otherwise
(other interpreted languages e.g. python, etc., generally have the same
issue).

I don't see this a huge problem, as these dependencies would probably
need to be installed to run tests, if the package has any.