scallywag cygport fails to detect perl script runtime dependencies

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sat Mar 12 16:23:02 GMT 2022

Brian Inglis writes:
> Does cygport require perl modules to be installed as build
> dependencies in order to enable their detection as runtime
> dependencies for perl scripts in packages?

Yes, although the particular way of how this is done frequently produces
false dependencies (there is no distinction between optional and
required dependencies).  In principe you could also end up with missed
dependencies, although I know of no example for this.

Regards,
Achim.