python subpackage build error ... not a supported wheel on this platform

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sun Mar 13 13:04:27 GMT 2022

On 12/03/2022 17:54, Brian Inglis wrote:
> Building locally I get the message below on 64 & 32 bit package builds:
>
> ERROR: python_nghttp2-1.47.0-cp38-cp38-cygwin_3_3_4_x86_64.whl is not a
> supported wheel on this platform.
>
> but not in the confines of a scallywag build: what do I need to remove
> or change to build locally?

What have you tried?

The packages installed by scallywag are recorded in the build log, so
have you looked at that to see what's installed there but not locally?

At a guess, it might be that you need python38-wheel or python38-pip
installed, which scallywag arranges to be installed when it sees
'inherit python-wheel' [1]

[1]
https://github.com/cygwin/scallywag/blob/85647ca844226100006d22537d728332130b4462/analyze.py#L171