calm/mksetupini changes

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon May 23 18:12:19 GMT 2022

Lemures Lemniscati writes:
> Although libiconv2 is contained in the list above,
> I don't think it is deprecated.

I think you missed the point that Jon was trying to make: we currently
have many library packages at various versions (those with the actual
libraries) that other packages depended on at some point in time.  If
there already is a newer version of such a package and there are still
dpendencies that point to an older version, that means those packages
should eventually get rebuilt to use that newer version (if not ABI
compatible) or just use the newest version without any prodding (if ABI
compatible), which in turn means that the old versions can get removed
along with the corresponding source and debuginfo packages that were
solely kept alive by these dependencies.

In the case of libiconv2 the current version for Cygwin is 1.17-1 and
the library should be ABI compatible with all previous versions, so
these old versions up to and including 1.16-2 are deprecated since setup
will never install them unless forced manually.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: