[ITP] rsync 3.2.6

ASSI Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon Oct 10 07:15:55 GMT 2022

Chad Dougherty writes:
> I tried but the default src_compile() didn't work.  According to the
> INSTALL file, the autoconf should only be done on a git checkout, not
> the release tarball.

You should duly ignore any such upstream nonsense and do a full
autoreconf on anything you build for Cygwin anyway.  You might have to
remove some generated files first (see DISTCLEANFILES).  You can't
assume that upstream has used an autoconf new enough to treat Cygwin
specific stuff correctly.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: