nnn

Federico Kircheis federico@kircheis.it
Thu Oct 13 19:11:04 GMT 2022

On 10/10/2022 15.02, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 09/10/2022 14:54, Federico Kircheis wrote:
>> Hello to everyone,
>>
>> I would like to package nnn for cygwin
>>
>> https://github.com/jarun/nnn/
>>
> [...]
>
> A few minor comments on the cygport:
>
>> SUMMARY="nnn is a full-featured terminal file manager. It's tiny,
>> nearly 0-config and incredibly fast."
>
> SUMMARY probably shouldn't start with the name of the package, because
> it's often used in contexts where the name of the package appears
> immediately before it.
>
> Generally, I think it should be just a noun phrase, not an entire sentence.
>
> I'd suggest just "a full-featured terminal file manager"
>
>> REQUIRES="libncursesw10 libreadline7"
>
> It looks like these dependencies are successfully auto-detected, so you
> don't need to explicitly list them.

Does cygwin/cygport offer some functionalities for querying those if not
written in the cygport file?

Currently I "parse" the file for creating automatically a test environment.
Removing those means that I am not currently able to recreate such
environment automatically, and would need to track the information
separately.