nnn

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Oct 14 16:35:27 GMT 2022

On 13/10/2022 20:11, Federico Kircheis wrote:
> On 10/10/2022 15.02, Jon Turney wrote:
>> On 09/10/2022 14:54, Federico Kircheis wrote:
>>
>>> REQUIRES="libncursesw10 libreadline7"
>>
>> It looks like these dependencies are successfully auto-detected, so
>> you don't need to explicitly list them.
>
> Does cygwin/cygport offer some functionalities for querying those if not
> written in the cygport file?
>
> Currently I "parse" the file for creating automatically a test environment.
> Removing those means that I am not currently able to recreate such
> environment automatically, and would need to track the information
> separately.

That information is written into the requires: line of the generated
.hint (e.g. nnn-4.6-1.x86_64/dist/nnn/nnn-4.6-1.hint)

Ideally we'd have some mode of setup where you could write e.g setup -P
./nnn-4.6-1.tar.xz and it would install that just built package and it's
dependencies, but SHTDI.

(https://cygwin.com/packaging-contributors-guide.html#installing
somewhat discusses this lack...)