Cygport: How can I ignore duplicated files in packages

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Thu Sep 15 19:24:18 GMT 2022

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty writes:
> Today I'm attempting to update my python-imaging package, but I'm now
> finding that cygport has made the warning about duplicated files an
> error.

I don't think anything has changed there lately?

> The source is at: https://gitlab.com/hamishmb/cygwin-python-imaging
>
> Files are duplicated in these packages because there are .py files for
> each python release in /usr/lib/python3.*.

A duplicate is a file that shows up at exactly the same path in more
than one package.  These files don't fit that description as files with
the same name are in separate paths, so what is the actual problem?

> This doesn't seem to actually break package creation, but I'd like to
> get this reproducing correctly in scallywag, which I think will flag
> as failed because of this error.

I think you create it yourself here (and analogous for the other Python
versions):

python36_imaging_CONTENTS="
	--exclude=_imagingtk*
	--exclude=ImageTk*
	--exclude=SpiderImagePlugin*
	${python36_imaging_CONTENTS}
"

which seems to package the same files twice in one archive when
expanded.

Regards,
Achim.