gsasl 2 libgsasl{18,-common,-devel,-doc}

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Sep 30 12:39:39 GMT 2022

On 29/09/2022 07:49, Brian Inglis wrote:

> Hi folks, [Please Reply All as ISP blocking Cygwin mail]
>
> It looks as if gsasl 2 is ABI 18 compatible with gsasl 1.10, so I am
> looking to release 2.2 as a continuation of the existing versions, and
> that is consistent with FreeBSD and Debian, where the developer appears
> to be among the package maintainers.
>
> One issue is that autoreconfig replaces the package provided
> gtk-doc.make with one from /usr/share/gtk-doc/data/gtk-doc*.make and
> they (all) need patched to build PDFs with DESTDIR builds.
>
> I handled this with local patches, added a src_patch_apply_hook to apply
> these for scallywag builds, and submitted patches upstream to the gsasl
> list and gtk-doc repo.

Is this the relevant patch?

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk-doc/-/issues/147

> The current orphaned gtk-doc cygport build seems to work automagically
> from the upstream tar(.xz) included in the source package, and I am too
> ignorant of Gnome, GTK, dblatex, TeX, etc., that I am uncomfortable
> adopting gtk-doc, as I have enough backlogged package updates.
>
> Suggestions for doing a non-maintainer update?

I'm not sure what you are asking for here.

If you like, I can review and apply that patch to our package, and
rebuild it (since it seems I made the last one).

If you'd like NMU privileges, I think that would be ok also (in current
upload authorization scheme certain maintainers are allowed to upload
orphaned packages, there is no general NMU upload privilege).

The gtk packages are kind of important, it's unfortunate that we don't
have a maintainer for them.