[NMU] inkscape 0.92.3-2 (Test)

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Fri Dec 1 09:17:32 GMT 2023

Hi Jon,

Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 30/11/2023 00:38, Mark Geisert via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> Not sure of the logistical process for doing a non-maintainer update. If I've
>> missed something please let me know.
 >
> Thanks very much for looking into this.

You're welcome.  It was a curious report on the main list and I got hooked.

> So, this is all a bit ad-hoc at the moment, but only certain ("trusted")
>   maintainers are currently allowed to do NMUs.

Oops.

> If you have ideas about how to make things work better, I'm all ears.
>
> For the moment, I tweaked things to let your upload through.

Thanks Jon.  I have only seen a handful of NMUs go by and it didn't occur to me
that those doing them were explicitly allowed to.

ISTM the process works fine as it is.  If I happen to have a future itch to do an
NMU should I handle it as I did this one?  Or say something on cygwin-apps
beforehand?  I don't expect it will be often.  I'm totally fine not being on the
"trusted" list for this type of thing.
Thanks,

..mark