Unmaintained packages in base package set

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 03:51:22 GMT 2023

On 23/12/2023 04:42, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2023 12:16:05 +0000
> Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com> wrote:
>> I tweaked the unmaintained packages report [1] a bit so it identifies
>> 'base' and 'direct or indirect base dependencies'.
>>
>> (But you're quite right to point out that the build requirements for a
>> native Cygwin build are also important)
>>
>> [1] https://cygwin.com/packages/reports/unmaintained.html
>
> I would like to take over:
> libass
> fontconfig
> fribidi
> gnutls
> openjpeg
> librsvg2
> snappy
> libssh
> dbus
> gtk3
> orc
> tdb
> db
> libid3tag
> libmad
> taglib
> if no one like to do that, because the packages
> I maintain use them.

all in one shot ?
I suggest to start with the smaller beasts one by one or small groups
I suspect GTK3 needs a lot of effort

I could be interested in librsvg2 for the same reason of you

> I also wonder what should we do for unchanged packaegs
> such as:
> libbs2b
> libmodplug
> lame
> libasyncns
> avahi
> musepack

if unchanged, are for the time being less urgent and i
they do not see critical anyway