[ITP] openh264 (2.3.1)

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Mon Feb 20 08:55:14 GMT 2023

On Sun, 19 Feb 2023 15:37:47 +0000
Jon Turney wrote:
> On 17/02/2023 08:49, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> > So, how about this one?
> >
> > package contains:
> > - the headers
> > - the data files with the version and hash
> > - postinstall and preremove scripts which fetch (using above data)
> >    and remove the DLL
>
> Great, thanks.  I hope this means you think this is a better approach,
> rather than just humouring me :)

Absolutely yes :)

> A few minor points:
>
> * It seems like the empty dummy archive could be made with something
> like just:
>
>    tar -Jcf ${SRC_URI} --files-from /dev/null

Just doing this causes mismatch of SRC_DIR with actual source
package. However, making ${NAME}-{$VERSION}/dummy file does not
seem necessary.

So, I modified the cygport file as follows.
    mkdir -p ${NAME}-${VERSION}
    tar acf ${SRC_URI} ${NAME}-${VERSION}
    rm -rf ${NAME}-${VERSION}

> * If the postinstall failed somehow, the preremove script will fail
> trying to remove a file which doesn't exist.  It might be a good idea to
> use 'rm -f' to ensure that doesn't happen.

Indeed. Fixed. Thanks!

> * I don't think you should need:
>
> > 	# Install postinstall/preremove scripts
> > 	mkdir -p ${D}/etc/postinstall  ${D}/etc/preremove
> > 	cp ${C}/lib${NAME}.postinstall ${D}/etc/postinstall/lib${NAME}.sh
> > 	cp ${C}/lib${NAME}.preremove ${D}/etc/preremove/lib${NAME}.sh
> >

> This should happen automatically if the files are in $C (and you can
> list them in CYGWIN_FILES or make them with cygwin.patch file to put
> them there)

That's what I understood from
https://cygwin.github.io/cygport/masterindex.html,
however, actually libopenh264.{postinstall,preremove} are
not installed during install process by cygport 0.36.0
even though openh264-2.3.1-1.cygwin.patch exists.

Could you please give me a hint how I can make it work?

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>