[ITP] libinih

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Jan 13 14:27:46 GMT 2023

On 11/01/2023 23:16, Adam Dinwoodie via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On Wed 11 Jan 2023 at 03:14:20PM +0000, Jon Turney wrote:
>> On 09/01/2023 16:32, Adam Dinwoodie via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>> As requested at [0], I've offered to package libinih for Cygwin.  It has
>>> a BSD license[1] and is already packaged for a bunch of *nix distros,
>>> including Fedora, Debian and Arch[2].

[...]
>> This looks good, except...
>>
>> I'd ask you to split this into libinih0 and libinih-devel packages.
[...]
> Makes sense!  Here's a rebuild:
>
> https://github.com/me-and/Cygwin-inih/releases/tag/v56-1-rc2
Thanks.

I added this to your packages.

> NAME=libinih

Since the upstream name is just 'inih', the source package should
probably be named that also.

> libinih0_CONTENTS="\
>   usr/bin/*.dll\
>   usr/share/\
> "

You probably want to write this glob as '*-0.dll', so that when the
soversion changes, packaging fails, rather than silently ploughing on to
contain a libinit0 containing cyginit-1.dll...

(Or factor out the soversion as variable, or something...)