[ITP] ffmpeg (5.1.2)

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis@Shaw.ca
Fri Jan 20 21:04:04 GMT 2023

On 2023-01-20 11:40, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 20/01/2023 10:35, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> I would like to propose new package ffmpeg which is
>> well known audio/video tool. ffmpeg is ported to
>> many linux distributions and other unix like systems
>> as well as widows. Since there is windows build,
>> the demand of cygwin port might be relatively small,
>> however its libraries are usefull for other softwares.
>> I have posted another ITP for MOC (Music On Console)
>> which is a ncurses based music player, whose plugin
>> uses ffmpeg libraries.
>> I have already prepared the ffmpeg package as follows.
>> https://tyan0.yr32.net/cygwin/x86_64/release/ffmpeg/
>> To build ffmpeg, other new packages i.e., x264, x265 and
>> xvidcore are required, I have proposed ITP at the same
>> time.

> For a long time, ffmpeg was not included in Fedora, due to concerns about codec
> patents, but those issues seem to have been resolved.
> Can you please investigate what configuration is used in Fedora, and what the
> effects of matching that would be?

As well as looking at:

	https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/ffmpeg/tree/

I've found it useful to look at other work done in recent forks e.g.

https://src.fedoraproject.org/fork/yselkowitz/rpms/ffmpeg/commits/rawhide

and other distros; OpenSuSE and Arch are like Fedora; Gentoo is like Cygwin;
OpenBSD is behind on v4 so skipped:

	https://github.com/bmwiedemann/openSUSE/tree/master/packages/f/ffmpeg-5

	https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ffmpeg-full

	https://packages.debian.org/source/sid/ffmpeg

https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/media-video/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-5.1.2-r1.ebuild

	https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/tree/master/multimedia/ffmpeg

	https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports/tree/multimedia/ffmpeg

	http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/multimedia/ffmpeg5/

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis			Calgary, Alberta, Canada

La perfection est atteinte			Perfection is achieved
non pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à ajouter	not when there is no more to add
mais lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à retirer	but when there is no more to cut
			-- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry