[ITA] SDL2 (2.26.2)

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Sun Jan 22 12:05:50 GMT 2023

On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 14:58:55 +0000
Jon Turney wrote:
> You've made some changes in the configuration here (switching from
> enabling pulseaudio to oss)
>
> I think you've also dropped the winmm patch.
>
> I don't understand enough to evaluate the correctness those changes, so
> it would be nice if you could explain that to me.

Thanks for reviewing. The reason why I turnd off pulseaudio
is that the latency was unacceptably large, despite the fact
that pulseaudio is preferred over other sound drivers.
Due to this, ffplay missynchronized sound with video.

Also, I guess OSS was previously disabled because it does not
work as expected due to a bug of cygwin:
https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-patches/2023q1/012134.html
and winmm was enabled instead.

Now, the bug has been fixed and SDL2 gets working with OSS.
Therefore, we don't need winmm support anymore. I think
it is better not to call winmm directly from cygwin apps.

BTW, I tried to modify SDL2 code to minimize the latency of
pulseaudio and it succeeded. So, I re-enabled the pulseaudio
and updated the package.

Could you please review the package again?

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>